Tuesday 26 August 2014

New Zealand 2011

We moved to New Zealand in March 2001 and lived there for almost two years. Needless to say, we took a LOT of photos! I discovered digital scrapbooking whilst we were there, and so a large proportion of the photos were already scrapped when we got back. I've got the early part of 2011 to finish, and the very end of 2012 (after we left our flat and were just travelling).

Currently I'm working on 2011, and am making good progress. I've got a system going that allows me to break each layout into sections, and that's really helping me scrap faster. Today I've been sorting the very last lot of photos from the year, and working out how many layouts I need to tell those stories.  I think the answer is eight, but it might be seven.

That (hopefully) means I'll shortly be ready to get my first book of digital layouts printed! I'm leaning towards using Bob Books at the moment - they're a bit more expensive but they do lay flat pages and large albums. The other option is PhotoBox - their lay flat pages have a maximum size of 70 pages per album, which I think means I'll need a few albums. Anyone got any experience with these?

Here's my two latest NZ layouts, both from the 2011 Rugby World Cup which was held there, and ruled our life for about 6 weeks!
heart ribbon - sweet shoppe designs
paper - sweet shoppe designs
talk bubble - persnickety prints
camera - scrappin cop
word art - becky higgins
layout - scraplifted; sorry to the currently unknown source!
 paper and ribbon - Coreenslike
RWC - puff paint patriot
"Love it" and journalling card - MissTina freebie journalling cards
layout sketch - scrapbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment