Friday 22 August 2014

Shopping for inspiration aka Getting things finished step 3

Having sorted through my 'stash,' I realised I don't actually have much stuff. There wasn't a lot of 12x12 paper, almost no letter stickers and very few useful stamps or embellishments. That could only mean one thing - time to go shopping!

I did some ordering on amazon, nabbed some Becky Higgins page protectors at 25% off at Hobbycraft, then headed to Home Sense for cheap paper pads and finally signed up to the Studio Calico monthly PL kit. All of this has now arrived and I'm excited to start scrapping with it!

As you may have noticed from previous posts, I'm not very good at keeping going with one project. I like to flit around and dive in and out - which generally means nothing gets finished. So I'm trying hard to resist the urge to start on the pocketed pages, and actually get some of the other projects completed first. America is almost done, and so is New Zealand 2011. When they're done, I might allow myself to go crazy with my new stuff!


There's also a UK Facebook group set up by Shimelle Laine and a couple of others, where people are selling off their unwanted stash. So far I've bought some chipboard alphas and some alpha stamps. To top it off, I'm actually heading stateside in three weeks, so I might get chance to do some more shopping!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are now properly stocked. Wishing you a blitz of productivity!

    ReplyDelete