Friday 3 October 2014

Back in sunny Blighty; it's time for tea

I'm joining in with Abi again this month with her lovely meme. So come in and I'll put the kettle on - something we missed whilst we were away. They're not big on tea in the US!

I'm afraid you can't see our holiday photos yet - although we've put them on the computer it will take another couple of weeks before we've reduced them down to a manageable amount! I'll just have to tell you that we had a lovely time, relaxing in the Florida Keys then being crazy in Walt Disney World. I can show you a couple of my instagram pics from the trip instead.













Surprisingly, we came home from holiday to discover the remnants of summer are still here. Isn't it lovely? It was definitely a pleasant surprise, even though it meant the Big Garden Makeover has had to be delayed - they couldn't put the turf down while we were away as it will need watering.

Do you do Project Life? Are you 'caught up', or doesn't it matter to you? I am now officially behind, for the first time since I started. Somehow October has crept up on me - and I still haven't scrapped August. Never mind, to get six months into the project and only be one month behind is pretty good I think. I'll get to it soon. I'm thinking of getting the new PL app - have you got it? It look super easy - and would mean I could scrapbook at work!

While we were away I bought a new album for my India/Nepal trip. Originally I had a post bound album, but it just isn't big enough. I had to decide between one large album or two smaller ones, and decided on one large one.
Becky Higgins @ Michaels 
I wanted the album to fit with the colours of the trip, so got one that's much more patterned than I would normally choose. Now comes the less fun task of transferring all the layouts that are in the old album into this new album! How do you deal with tasks that are not so fun - any tips?

Anyway I had better go and get on with other not-so-fun tasks - we're having our nieces to stay this weekend, so I've got lots to organise! Keep your fingers crossed that the weather stays nice for us!



2 comments:

  1. I find the not-fun tasks cathartic when I don't feel super creative at that moment. Doing things like moving layouts isn't as fun as making them, but the task is still under the creative umbrella (as opposed to taking out the garbage) and the act of doing it still puts me in the creative mindset and I think of ideas for projects while I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Thanks - I'll definitely try that.

      Delete