Tuesday 29 July 2014

Getting things finished - step one

For me, step one is obvious - define "things." I've done several courses about goal setting, and how targets should be SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, timed). I know some people work best when they can chop and change between projects, but I don't really get anywhere when I do that. My motivation is driven by progress, so breaking up a task into smaller sections means more things to cross off the to-do list!

So here's the list (in no particular order) of scrapbook projects currently in progress.

  1. New Zealand 2011   (digital, almost done)
  2. Our wedding            (digital, a few pages, fairly organised)
  3. America 2002-2004       (almost done)
  4. Family events and holidays        (few pages, no organisation)
  5. South of France          (no pages, some organisation)
  6. Paris              (few pages, some organisation)
  7. Dublin            (few pages, some organisation)
  8. University           (Few pages, no organisation - however I'm very excited about this one, having listened to this episode of the Paperclipping Roundtable several times)
  9. India and Nepal 2005           (lots of pages, well organised)
  10. Thailand 2008           (few pages, quite well organised)
  11. Project Life 2013        (digital, few pages, kind of organised)
  12. Project Life 2014         (digital, ongoing, up to date, well organised)
  13. Toulouse            (few pages, some organisation)
  14. The journey home 2012-2013            (no pages, limited organisation)
Hmm, that's quite a long list! You may notice a theme - prior to this year I only scrapped travel/vacations. I travel a lot, so that's still a lot of layouts to do! As you can see, some of these projects/albums are almost finished, and one is ongoing but up to date. The rest are in various stages ranging from lots of layouts and pretty organised (more on this later) to only a couple of pages and just been defined as it's own topic!

In order to keep me motivated, I'm going to start with the albums that are the closest to being finished - America and India & Nepal. I've already started working on these albums, so I'll have to blog that in retrospect. 

I've decided that anything I haven't started at all (no photos printed or layouts made) will be done digitally, whilst anything that has physical photos or the start of a 12 x 12 album will be done with paper. Yes, that does mean there's another list of projects I want to do but haven't started yet!

Next up - step two - make a giant to do list!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's quite a list. I'm looking forward to seeing your pages.

    ReplyDelete